A young man of Iraqi origin and coming from the English county of Surrey was today convicted of “attempted murder” by a British judge after having perpetrated a terrorist attack on a London subway car on September 15, which resulted in 30 wounded.

At a hearing held in the Old Bailey criminal court in the British capital, Judge Charles Haddon-Cave justified his verdict on Ahmed Hassan, 18, for the “overwhelming evidence” found against him.

The young man placed a homemade explosive inside a subway car, which detonated partially when he was at Parsons Green station, in the southwest of the British capital.

Image result for Guilty the teenager who tried in a London subway car

“Ahmed Hassan, this jury from the Old Bailey Court has found you guilty of attempted murder based on overwhelming evidence,” the judge said at the hearing today, which will reveal next week what the sentence is.

As determined by the judicial process, the young man used the chemical component called TATP in order to cause an explosion that put lives in danger and ended with three dozen injured.

Hassan, who lived with a British host family and claims that his parents died in Iraq, manufactured the device and placed it in the car, in which 93 people were traveling at the time.

In a preliminary session held last January, the boy denied the charges against him.

The prosecutor Alison Morgan recalled that the homemade appliance, allegedly prepared by the defendant, partially exploded on September 15 of last year “just before 08.20 GMT”, shortly after the subway reached the aforementioned station.

The partial explosion of the improvised bomb created a huge fireball, which caused some people to be caught by the flames and suffer significant burns, in addition to entering a state of panic.

Image result for Guilty the teenager who tried in a London subway car

Those people “were lucky because if the explosive had been detonated in its entirety, it is inevitable that it would have caused serious damage and injuries inside the car.”

“Those who were close (the bomb) could even have died,” said the prosecutor.

Apparently, the convicted perpetrator had gone down in the previous station of Putney Bridge and never intended to be himself injured, because he created a timer to make sure that (the bomb) was detonated in his absence.

In addition, inside the bucket in which he installed the explosive, Hassan placed shrapnel destined to cause, during the planned explosion, the maximum possible damage.