Buildings: Listed buildings (general)
A/1/2/ Notes and drawings relating to listed buildings in Hethersett
Folder containing map of Hethersett showing listed buildings with typescript key; contains brief architectural details of the parish church, Hethersett Hall, King’s Head Inn, Whitegates, The Priory, Wood Hall, Cedar Grange, Old Maid’s Farmhouse [Whitehouse Farm], Thickthorn Farmhouse, Cantley Farmhouse, The Rectory, Queen’s Head Inn, The Old Hall, and various cottages; Advice Notes on Listed Buildings, leaflet from South Norfolk District Council Planning Department.
Also containing the following documents:
Photocopy of architectural details of St Remigius’ Church, Thickthorn Hall, The Priory, Old Hall, etc. from N. Pevsner, Buildings of North-West and South Norfolk (1962).
Typescript notes on architecture of listed buildings in Hethersett; also includes descriptions of milestones and water pump.
Pen and ink drawings of The Priory, Mr Burton’s House (Wood Hall), The King’s Head, and Cedar Grange, based on drawings by B. S. Norgate, c.1820-1825, with notes on the Norgate drawings.
Typescript notes by Bill Reekie on the history of Hethersett Old Hall, Thickthorn Hall and The Priory, Hethersett.
HA/A/1/3 Buildings and estates (miscellaneous)
A/1/3/ Sale particulars, photographs, newscuttings, etc., relating to buildings and small estates in Hethersett
Photocopy of map showing part of Coleby’s Farm (now Church Farm), with names of fields and tenants added. (Norfolk Record Office, Back 46)
Printed sale particulars of two farms in Hethersett with field names and acreages to be sold by Mr Butcher by auction, by order of the executor of the late Jehosaphat Postle; also includes properties in Bawburgh and Thorpe next Norwich. (photocopy)
31 July 1841
Lynch Green Farm (now Lyngate Farm): extracts from the 1846 tithe map and 1851 census about the Lake family; printed sale particulars of freehold estates at Hethersett to be sold by Mr John Standley by auction, by order of the executors of Mr William Christmas Lake, 20 May 1867 [MS Series]; copy of photograph of Lynch Green Farm in 1912; four colour photographs of exterior of Lyngate Farm, 1999.